Beginning in 1986, the U.S. Mint’s Gold American Eagle series has been hugely popular among investors and collectors alike. The proof versions of these coins have become staples to almost any collection. And now, with the full set of all four Gold American Eagle Proof Coins, you can complete yours all at once.
This set contains the 1-ounce, ½-ounce, ¼-ounce, and 1/10-ounce versions of the Gold American Eagle Proofs, each guaranteed by the United States government for their weights, content, and purity. They carry a face value of $50, $25, $10, and $5 respectively.
The combined set contains an actual gold weight of 1.85 troy ounces in total and the same iconic images on each side. On the obverse (front), they feature Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ iconic century-plus-old Lady Liberty along with the year of mintages. On the reverse (back), you can see Miley Busiek’s iconic image of a majestic bald eagle family, male with an olive branch flying above a female protecting their eaglet in their nest.
These proofs are double stamped and show a beautiful mirror-like background and clear-raised images and inscriptions. Each coin carries a small “W” hiding in the rays of the sun, showing it was struck at the United States Mint facility at the West Point Mint.
This four-piece set is perfect for any collection, those you are just getting started and those you’ve been working on for years.
- Weight of 1.85 troy ounces of gold in total
- 22-karat gold purity
- Full backing by the United States government
- Combined face value of $90
- Minted at West Point, NY by the U.S. Mint, Department of the Treasury
- Mirror-like background; crisply incised art
- The 2020 American Eagle Gold Proof Four-Coin Set is packaged in a burgundy velvet, satin-lined presentation case and is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.